Sorry I'm so late with this one. It's been a long day.
Today's image is one that took a lot of work to get right. I think I tried 10-20 variations on the original shot to get the right composition. I then played around/adjusted/sought feedback/readjusted/played around some more over subsequent months to get things where I am happy. All of those changes are quite subtle and none involved vast uses of processsing tricks (which I'm not good enough to get away with anyway).
Anyway, this is an image I took at the Arboretum last year, walking along one of the paths to the bog trail. I saw a log lying next to the path with all these worm trails eaten into it. When looked at in the right fashion, they reminded me of pictographs. All the work described above was over how to best emphasize that aspect, getting depth of field uniform, contrast deep enough to differentiate the lighter bits, etc.
Now I just need to learn to read what nature has written.